TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Please read these terms and conditions very carefully before registering for the ClearBits web site. These terms and conditions (“Agreement”) govern you accessing content on www.clearbits.net and its affiliates web sites. This Agreement between you (“you”) and ClearBits, is subject to change by us as described below. By clicking the “I Accept” button when you sign up, you (i) accept this Agreement; (ii) agree to be bound by these terms and conditions; and (iii) have entered into a binding agreement between you and ClearBits.
1. This web site (“Site”) is owned and operated by Matson Systems, Inc. (referred to as “ClearBits” herein). The Site and its content (“Content”) may only be accessed for personal use. No material from ClearBits or any web site owned, operated, licensed or controlled by ClearBits may be used for any commercial or resale purposes. Furthermore, no materials may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, except as described in the applicable license for the Content. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of ClearBits’ copyright and other proprietary rights. Any violation of the copyright in the Content or these terms and conditions may be enforced by ClearBits or the copyright owner to the fullest extent allowed by law.
2. For some Content, owned by a Content Creator, ClearBits allows you to make payments (“Sponsorship”), for the Content or directly to the Content Creator. Sponsorship is at your sole discretion. A portion Sponsorship payments will be distributed to the Content Creator as described in the Financial Distribution Agreement.
3. The Content is owned by ClearBits or its licensors. ClearBits reserves all rights not specifically granted herein. You shall not modify any copyright notices, proprietary legends, any trademark and service mark attributions, any patent markings, and other indicia of ownership on your copy of the Content. The delivery of, and license to, the Content does not transfer to you any commercial or promotional use rights in the Content or any portion thereof. Any use of Content, or descriptions; any derivative use of this Site or its contents; and any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools is strictly prohibited. In no event shall the user frame any portion of the Site or any content contained therein.
4. While ClearBits uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site, ClearBits makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. ClearBits assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or representations in the Content or this Site.
5. The Site may contain links to other sites on the Internet which are owned and operated by Third Party Vendors and other third parties (the “External Sites”). You acknowledge that ClearBits is not responsible for the availability of, or the content located on or through, any External Sites. You should contact the site administrator or webmaster for those External Sites if you have any concerns regarding such links or the content located on such External Sites.
5. Users of the Site may post comments, reviews, and other content and submit suggestions, ideas, or other information, provided, the content does not contain any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, or hateful content or content which is racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, or which infringes upon the rights of any third party. You acknowledge that by accessing the Site, you may come into content that you find harmful, offensive, threatening, indecent or objectionable and you acknowledge that ClearBits shall have no liability to you for the content including, but not limited to explicit language and other potentially offensive material. The user agrees to not impersonate any person or communicate under a false name or a name the user is not entitled or authorized to use. ClearBits has the right (but not the obligation) to remove, prohibit, edit or discontinue any content on the Site, including content that has been posted by users.
6. If you post content or submit material, unless such content or material submittal is subject to separate terms and conditions, you grant ClearBits and its affiliates a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sublicensable right and license to make, use, sell, sublicense, reproduce, distribute, perform, display, prepare derivative works from and otherwise exploit all such content and material as if it were the full owner thereof. Furthermore, you grant ClearBits, its affiliates, and sublicensees the right to use your name and/or user name in connection with the content. You represent and warrant that all content and materials you provide shall be your original work product and will not be based on, or derived from, the proprietary information or items of a third party. You will defend and indemnify ClearBits and its affiliates from any claims resulting from any content or materials you provide hereunder.
7. The Site contains areas in which additional terms and conditions apply. For purposes of the use of such areas, in the event of a conflict between the terms and conditions of such other areas and these Terms and Conditions, the terms and conditions of the other area shall prevail. ClearBits may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the current Terms and Conditions to which you are bound.
8. You shall not transmit to ClearBits or upload to this Site any Harmful Code or use or misappropriate the data on this Site for your own commercial gain. “Harmful Code” shall mean any software (sometimes referred to as “viruses,” “worms,” “trojan horses,” “time bombs,” “time locks,” “drop dead devices,” “traps,” “access codes,” “cancelbots” or “trap door devices”) that: (a) is intentionally designed to damage, disrupt, disable, harm, impair, interfere with, intercept, expropriate or otherwise impede in any manner, any data, storage media, program, system, equipment or communication, based on any event, including for example but not limited to (i) exceeding a number of copies, (ii) exceeding a number of users, (iii) passage of a period of time, (iv) advancement to a particular date or other numeral, or (v) use of a certain feature; or (b) would enable an unauthorized person to cause such result; or (c) would enable an unauthorized person to access another person’s information without such other person’s knowledge and permission.
9. Password. You may not use your password for any unauthorized purpose.
10. Termination. We may terminate your access to our Site for any reason.
12. The materials on this Site are provided with “Restricted Rights.” Use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is subject to restrictions as set forth in applicable laws and regulations. Use of the materials by the Government constitutes acknowledgment of ClearBits’ proprietary rights in them.
13. THE MATERIALS AND CONTENT ON THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. CLEARBITS SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY CONTENT OR MATERIALS POSTED ON THE SITE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE PURSUANT TO THE APPLICABLE LAW, CLEARBITS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR OTHER VIOLATION OF RIGHTS.
14. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL CLEARBITS OR ITS THIRD PARTY LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF DATA OR PROFIT, ARISING OUT OF THE USE, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE MATERIALS ON THIS SITE, EVEN IF CLEARBITS OR AN CLEARBITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IF YOUR USE OF MATERIALS FROM THIS SITE RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION OF EQUIPMENT OR DATA, YOU ASSUME ANY COSTS THEREOF. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All Pages Copyright © 2007, 2008 Matson Systems, Inc.